Friday, August 17, 2012

HELPING HANDS





We've talked alot in this blog about how we hoped the Heart 2 Hart Detroit project would help some of the homeless people on the streets of Detroit. In the past couple of months since I started this project, Heart 2 Hart Detroit has not only helped some of the homeless people in Detroit, but it has also helped Ken and I.


I am so thrilled by the outpouring of support we have received these past few months just by putting the word out that we are doing our weekly package deliveries to the homeless and the needy. I can't believe all the people I am hearing from, from the present and out of my past, who are offering their support.

Even the Detroit Piston's -- a huge organization with plenty of other stuff to do -- has offered their help. Heart 2 Hart Detroit seems to have inspired a bunch of people to open their hearts and wallets to support the effort. I couldn't be happier and more grateful for how this whole thing is evolving.

Thanks to everyone who has read our blog, liked us on facebook, offered clothing, bought food, or just offered words of encouragement. I started this project because I wanted to do something to connect and uplift homeless people. But in a really short time I have been uplifted and excited by all the connections that are being made each day as Heart 2 Hart Detroit takes off.

Thanks you.

Larry Oleinick

No comments:

Post a Comment