Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thanks for the Help!

                                                          




This weeks downtown delivery was a quick one. Usually, we drive around downtown for a 45 minutes or so after handing out packages at Hart Plaza to hand out the rest of the packages. Today their was a group of 10 men standing together at our first stop, and we ended up handing out all of our packages right there and then.

Something interesting is starting to happen. The outpouring of encouragement and support we are getting from almost everyone I tell about Heart 2 Hart Detroit. I have even posted on facebook a request for used clothing and have received responses from people I haven't talk in over 30 years.
I can't believe some of our old friends that have gotten in touch with me and offered clothes, good wishes and even said they wanted to make a delivery downtown with us one day.

It's just Ken and I making our weekly deliveries downtown, but I'm getting the feeling that Heart 2 Hart Detroit is something many more people are interested in supporting and getting involved with. Hey....homelessness, hunger, poverty are big problems in Detroit and everywhere else around the world.


I'm really excited to see where this project goes. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading and riding along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment